Before we’re able to confirm your subscription, our team carry out some quick checks on your profile designed to confirm your identity, and ensure you’re suitable for a Drover subscription. Our team aim to complete your approval within 24 hours.
What checks do we carry out?
We carry out an identity check, a check on your driving history, and a soft credit search, none of which will affect your credit score. In some cases we may request additional documentation such as proof of address or identity.
This information will only be used to determine whether you can take out a car subscription - none of this information will be shared with any third parties.
There are also a few criteria you have to meet to take out a car subscription with Drover - this is so that all of our subscriptions run smoothly, and to make sure that we can insure you. You must:
- Be at least 22 years of age
- Hold a full UK driving licence (not a provisional licence, paper licence, or licence from another country)
- Have held your UK licence for at least 12 months, or be able to provide evidence that your licence was exchanged from a designated country through the DVLA
- Not have an active CCJ, IVA or bankruptcy order.
Additionally, we cannot insure you if any of the following apply:
- You have more than 6 points on your licence
- You have more than one CU conviction
- You have any major driving convictions in the last 3 years (DVLA offence codes IN, CD, DR, DD, UT, TT, AC and BA)
- You have been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years
- You live within a Luton postcode.
What happens once you’re approved?
If approved, you’ll be able to subscribe to a car up to the value of £750 per month without any further checks.
Subscribing to a more expensive car?
If you’d like to subscribe to a more expensive car, we’ll need to complete an affordability check by requesting a bank statement from your main current account which you can either email to us or provide automatically through our partner Credit Kudos.
Credit Kudos is a secure online platform that gathers information using your online banking details, to facilitate our affordability checks. This is a 100% optional step in the sign-up process to fast-track your application. If you'd rather opt out, we may contact you to request a bank statement instead.
How long does the approval process take?
Once you've uploaded your documents, we aim to approve your profile within 24 hours or less.
If we do require any further information we'll be in touch as soon as possible via phone or email to confirm additional details, so watch your inbox!
Have any questions or concerns about the approval process?
Please contact us via the chat function on our website and we'll be happy to help.