So, you've made a subscription (hurray!) and now you're wondering what happens between now and getting your car? Below are the key steps that your subscription will follow
- Booking requested
- Approval checks
- Subscription Finalisation
- Get your car
1. I’ve requested my booking, what happens next? ✅
2. Approval checks
Before we can proceed with your subscription, we need to carry out some quick checks to confirm your eligibility for a Drover car. This includes a basic identity, driving history and soft credit check - full details of all our checks can be found here. These checks will typically be completed within two working days, but if we require any additional information from you, the Approvals team will be in touch.
- Proof of Address
We require a photo or scan of a formal document confirming your address which must be dated within the last 30 days. We accept any of the following:
- Utility or council tax bill
- Bank statement
- Mortgage statement or signed tenancy agreement
- Letter from HMRC such as a tax assessment
Please upload the full page document to your MyDrover account, clearly showing your name, address and a date. If you’re unsure of what to provide or don’t have any documents which meet our criteria, please get in touch as soon as possible to avoid your subscription being cancelled.
- Affordability check
You may be required to complete a quick affordability check as part of your application, depending on your age, credit history and chosen car. The easiest way to complete this check is via our partner Credit Kudos who use open banking to provide a fairer reflection of your finances than a traditional credit score. You can read more about how Credit Kudos works in their FAQs.
We will send you an invitation to complete the Credit Kudos check if required, but alternatively, you can also complete this check by sending your last 3 months’ bank statements from your main current account to email@example.com.
- Additional drivers
Additional drivers also need to have their account approved prior to the next stage. We require the following:
- The additional driver’s driving licence photo
- For their email to be verified
- Answers to our insurance questions
3) Subscription Finalisation
- Using your own insurance?
i) Once all the accounts on your subscription have been approved, you will receive an email containing all the details needed to purchase your insurance policy. This email is usually sent within 24 hours of you being approved
ii) Once you’ve received this email we ask that you send all of the required documents within 2 business days to avoid any delays. More information can be found on the FAQ below as well as in the email you will receive
- Confirming your subscription/taking payment
i) Once all accounts on your subscription have been approved (as well as your insurance documents if applicable) we will take your first subscription payment
ii) Your first payment will consist of the following:
- Joining Fee
- The first month's subscription fee
- Any delivery charges
iv) You will receive an email with a breakdown of your subscription payments beforehand
- What's next?
i) Once payment has been taken you will receive a confirmation email with your subscription agreement, payment receipts and insurance information documents (if you have Drover insurance in your subscription)
ii) Our team will now go ahead and book the delivery of your car
4) Get your car
- The day before your delivery you will receive an email from us containing some reminders about what to expect on the day
- Our drivers are instructed to call you on the day of delivery with any relevant information and an ETA. Additionally, with most (not all) of our subscriptions, you will receive an automatic text message on the day with a more accurate time slot
Please find more information here on how deliveries work at Drover How delivery works?
Once the check-in is complete you'll be all set to get driving!
See you on the road!