We understand that sometimes you might want to travel abroad in your Drover car. After all, there’s a whole world out there to explore! Before you go, there are a few steps to take so you don’t run into any problems on your travels.
- Submit an EU Travel Request to us to get started, which is this form. For legal reasons you can only drive a Drover car within EU countries. There is a processing fee each time you submit a request, to cover the administrative costs. Please note that all travel requests must be submitted at least 14 days before the trip.
- EU insurance: If you have your insurance with Drover there will be additional EU cover charges. If you are self-insured, we will need to make sure you have the right level of cover.
- VE103B Vehicle on Hire Certificate: We’ll issue this for you and send it to your address before your trip. You need to keep this document with you at all times when traveling abroad with a hired vehicle.
- Brexit: Green Cards may be required after 1st Jan 2021 depending on the Brexit deal. We are taking precautions and recommend anyone travelling after or entering back into the UK to get one from their insurer. If you are with Drover’s insurance we will do this for you.
- Breakdown & Recovery cover: You will need to pay for additional EU cover which we can arrange for you with the RAC. If you have your own cover, we will need a copy of it.
If you have any questions about this, please get in touch by filling in this web form and we’ll be happy to help.