Accidents are never nice; here's a guide on what we advise you to do next
Please make sure you're safe, the car is secure, and then gather as much information as possible at the scene of the accident:
- The third-party driver’s name, contact number and address, if applicable
- The third-party driver’s registration and insurance details, if applicable
- Names and contact details of any witnesses, if applicable
- Any photos of the scene and the vehicle
If you're on Drover's insurance
You must immediately (within 24 hours) notify:
- NIG on 0345 300 4644 if your Insurance information document is from NIG
- Broker Direct on 01204 600 280 if your Insurance certificate is from Great Lakes
They can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note that failure to notify NIG or Broker Direct may result in the termination of your subscription with Drover.
NIG or Broker Direct will notify us of your incident immediately. We aim to contact you within 3 working days of the claim being reported to us to provide further assistance. If you feel your claim requires urgent attention, please reach out to our team via the blue button on our website and we'll be back with you ASAP.
If you're self-insured
Please notify Drover within 24hrs of the incident using this web-form for our records. As we're not in a position to advise with self-insurance, you must notify your respected insurer as soon as possible who will be able to help with the next steps and advise on repairs.
Please note: All repairs must be carried out by a BSI Kitemark approved garage. You can check that here.
Once your car's been repaired, please send through the confirmation of this to our Support team on the email above.