Before we’re able to confirm your subscription, our team will carry out some essential checks on your profile. This is designed to confirm your identity and ensure you’re suitable for a Drover subscription. Our team aim to complete your approval within 48 hours.
What checks do we carry out?
We carry out an identity check, a check on your driving history, and a soft credit search - none of which will affect your credit score. We will require a photo of your driving license and proof of address. In some cases, we may request additional documentation.
This information will only be used to determine whether you can take out a car subscription - none of this information will be shared with any third parties.
There are also a few criteria you have to meet to take out a car subscription with Drover - this is so that your subscription runs smoothly, and to make sure that we can insure you (where applicable).
- Be at least 22 years of age (certain restrictions apply if you are under 25 years old - click here for more details)
- Hold a full UK driving licence (not a provisional licence or paper licence)
- Have held your UK licence for at least 12 months, or be able to provide evidence that your licence was exchanged from a designated country through the DVLA
*If you have held your licence for less than 12 months, you may still apply. However, you will need to provide your own insurance. Details about our self-insurance criteria can be found by clicking here.
Additionally, we cannot approve your account if any of the following apply:
- You have more than 6 points on your licence
- You have more than one CU conviction
- You have any major driving convictions in the last 3 years (DVLA offence codes IN, CD, DR, DD, UT, TT, AC and BA)
- You have been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years
What happens once you’re approved?
You'll be able to subscribe!
Subscribing to a more expensive car?
If you’d like to subscribe to a more expensive car, we’ll need to complete an affordability check. In all cases, this information will be requested by us through our partner Credit Kudos. Credit Kudos is a secure online platform that gathers information using your online banking details, to facilitate our affordability checks. If you'd rather opt out of Credit Kudos, we will contact you to request a bank statement instead and give you full details on how to provide this.
What is Credit Kudos?
Credit Kudos is a secure online platform that gathers information using your online banking details, to facilitate our affordability checks.
How long does the approval process take?
Once you've uploaded your documents, we aim to approve your profile within 48 hours or less.
If we do require any further information we'll be in touch as soon as possible via phone or email to confirm additional details, so watch your inbox!
Have any questions or concerns about the approval process?
You can reach out to our team via the blue button on our website and we'll be back with you ASAP.