Here's some info on the checks we carry out before we can confirm bookings with us
We carry out an identity check, a check on your driving history, and a soft credit search - none of which will affect your credit score. We may request additional documentation, such as a proof of address if necessary.
This information will only be used to determine whether you can take out a car subscription - none of this information will be shared with any third parties.
There are also a few criteria you have to meet to take out a car subscription with Drover - this is so that all of our subscriptions run smoothly, and to make sure that we can insure you.
- Be at least 22 years old (certain restrictions apply if you are under 25 years old - click here for more details)
- Hold a full UK or EU driving licence (not a provisional or paper licence)
- Have held your UK or EU licence for at least 12 months, or be able to provide evidence that your licence was exchanged from a designated country through the DVLA
*If you have held your licence for less than 12 months, you may still apply. However, you will need to provide your own insurance. Details about our self-insurance criteria can be found by clicking here.
Additionally, you cannot book a car with us if any of the following apply:
- You have more than 6 points on your licence
- You have more than one CU conviction
- You have any major driving convictions in the last 3 years (DVLA offence codes IN, CD, DR, DD, UT, TT, AC and BA)
- You have been disqualified from driving in the last 5 years
Have more questions on our approvals checks? You can reach out to our team using this web form and we'll be back with you ASAP.